The Your Outdoor Store inhouse Apricot Wood Smoking Chunks have a nice sweet fruity smoke which is similar to apple and peach.
Apricot Wood is best used on pork, Chicken, Turkey and even Fish.
- Flavour: Apricot Wood
- Weight: 3kg Bag
- For Outdoor Use Only!
- Ideal for gas and charcoal BBQs as well as gas and charcoal smokers.
Since our wood chunks are freshly cut and naturally cured, you can use them as they are, or you may prefer to soak them in water or any liquid of your choice.
- Charcoal BBQs
- Place several chunks directly in your coals. When coals are ready (using tongs) move the wood chunks to the side, away from the coals. This allows the wood chunks to smoulder without flaming up.
- Gas BBQs
- Place several chunks on the cooking surface about 10 minutes before cooking. They will get hot on the cooking surface and release smoke. Close the cover while cooking so that your food will absorb the great wood flavour. You may also place your wood chunks in a small cast iron skillet on the cooking surface.
- Charcoal Smoker
- The procedure is the same as the charcoal BBQ except you will continue to feed the smoker with chunks.
- Gas Smoker
- Keep adding chunks until it meets your preference.
The key to achieving superior flavour is the temperature control and the length of time in the smoking process. Try using your wood lightly until you know just how strong a flavour you prefer. You may also try mixing wood flavours.