Credit to: AllRecipes
Preparation: 10mins | Cook: 8mins | Extra Time: 1hour Chilling | Total: 1hr 18mins
- 1 lemon
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small handful fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 small handful fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 handful garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chilli flakes
- 4 whole fresh trout
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the lemon in half. Reserve half to garnish. Cut the other half into quarters, then into thin slices.
- Combine the lemon slices with the oil, thyme, rosemary, garlic and chilli flakes.
- Season the trout well with salt and pepper, both inside and out. Take a quarter of the lemon mixture and stuff a trout. Repeat with the remaining three trout. Let sit for 1 hour to marinate.
- Preheat the barbecue for medium high heat. Oil the cooking grate.
- Barbecue the trout for approximately 4 minutes per side, till the fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve and enjoy!